50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) today announced the list of films to be screened in Festival Kaleidoscope, one of the most important sections of the festival. Every year films from across the world make their mark in the minds of the festival audience with their outstanding calibre in terms of their craft, unique content and brilliance in filmmaking. Some of the films that have already generated a lot of buzz in international circuits are Parasite, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Synonyms and lot more.
Festival Kaleidoscope section of 50th IFFI brings under one umbrella exotic films from around the world for the film aficionados who will flock the festival at Goa. The section showcases 20 films handpicked and curated from various parts of the world which have already generated a lot of positive word about them in other film festivals across the globe. The Palme d’Or Best Film winner of Cannes Parasite directed by Bong Joon-ho, the top film of the year will have its India Premiere at IFFI.
The other films in this section include:
- Venice Film Festival Horizon Award Best Actor winner “A Son” by Mehdi Barsaoui
- India Premiere of “And Then We Danced” by Levan Akin which had won 9 international awards
- Cannes Jury Prize winner “Bacurau” co-directed by Juliano Dornelles and Kleber Mendonça Filho with 9 international awards
- India Premiere of Locarno Film Festival winner “Echo” by Rúnar Rúnarsson
- India Premiere of Silver Berlin Bear Best Director winner “I was at Home, But” by Angela Schanelec
- India Premiere of “La belle époque” by Nicolas Bedos
- India Premiere of “Lara” by Jan Ole Gerster
- Cannes Best Actress winner “Little Joe” by Jessica Hausner
- India Premiere of Karlovy Vary Crystal Globe Best Director winner “Patrick” by Tim Mielants
- India Premiere of Silver Berlin Bear Best Screenplay winner “Piranhas” by Claudio Giovannesi
- India Premiere of Cannes Best Screenplay winner “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” by Céline Sciamma
- Sundance Film Festival Audience award winner with 9 international awards “Queen of Hearts” by May el-Toukhy
- India Premiere of Berlin Silver Bear Best Actor and Actress winner “So Long My Son” by Xiaoshuai Wang
- India Premiere of Serbian film “Stitches” with 10 international awards directed by Miroslav Terzic
- Golden Berlin Bear Best Film winner “Synonyms” by Nadav Lapid
- Most sought after film of the year “System Crasher” with 10 international awards by Nora Fingscheidt
- Tremors by Jayro Bustamante
- India Premiere of Crystal Globe Best Film winner at Karlovy Vary Film Festival “The Father” by Kristina Grozeva and Petar Valchanov
- India Premiere of Venice FIPRESCI Prize winner “Blanco en blanco” directed by Théo Court.
2019 marks the 50th year of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which is often counted amongst one of the earliest film festivals of the Asian continent. The 50th International Film Festival of India,2019 will witness over 200 best films from 76 countries, 26 feature films and 15 non feature films in Indian panorama section and more than 10,000 people and film lovers are expected to participate in the golden jubilee edition.