The much-awaited 51st edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) commenced with enthralling cultural performances celebrating the joy of cinema at the Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Panaji, Goa on 16th January. The dazzling opening ceremony reverberated with the passion of film-stars, film-makers and film-lovers from around the world.
Many Bollywood stalwarts joined in to congratulate IFFI on their edition. Here are some of the quotes:
- “ I congratulate all the participants of the 51st IFFI’ – Anupam Kher
- “What an amazing way to kick-start 2021 by celebrating some of the finest cinematic works from across the globe” – Ayushmann Khurrana
- “IFFI is something we all film-enthusiasts look forward to. One of the most prestigious festivals in the world” – Anil Kapoor
- What better way to kick-start 2021 than by celebrating some of the finest cinematic works from across the globe” – Madhuri Dixit
- “Congratulations IFFI on bringing in your 51st edition” – Ranveer Singh
- “Go and watch some great films” – Siddhant Chaturvedi
- “…..I am so glad that despite the pandemic and the trials the year has put us through, IFFI has been held with all safety precautions put in place” – Vidya Balan
- “It has become abundantly clear that the internet is changing the way in which people experience watching movies. I am sure the Goa film festival will explore reinvent or reframe the film festival experience itself. I see such online festivals becoming popular as being a way of building up a community. This, perhaps, will be the new norm of interacting with film festivals, especially with the film-makers, actors and technicians from around the globe. ” – Mohan Lal
The Opening Ceremony of Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest film festival was hosted by actor, author and film-producer Tisca Chopra and became further illuminated by the presence of eminent film-maker Priyadarshan Nair and noted actor Sudeep who was the Chief Guest, among other celebrated film personalities.
The function also saw the graceful presence of Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Shri Prakash Javadekar and Chief Minister of Goa, Shri Pramod Sawant, among other dignitaries.
Festival Director Shri Chaitanya Prasad said: “The 51st edition has written a new narrative where other film festivals in the world will get a new template of excellence. Referring to Resurgent India, Inspirational India and the idea of New India, we have positioned this festival through the medium of films. This festival has taught us how to weave content with technology; we are extremely happy that we have come up with a hybrid festival, the next few days are going to set the standards for other film festivals.”