The much-awaited 51st edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) commenced with enthralling cultural performances at the Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Panaji, Goa on 16th January. The spectacular opening ceremony reverberated with the passion of film-stars, film-makers and film-lovers from around the world.
Many Bollywood stars joined in to congratulate IFFI on their 51st edition.
- “ I congratulate all the participants of the 51st IFFI’ – Anupam Kher
- “What an amazing way to kick-start 2021 by celebrating some of the finest cinematic works from across the globe” – Ayushmann Khurrana
- “IFFI is something we all film-enthusiasts look forward to. One of the most prestigious festivals in the world” – Anil Kapoor
- “What better way to kick-start 2021 than by celebrating some of the finest cinematic works from across the globe” – Madhuri Dixit
- “Congratulations IFFI on bringing in your 51st edition” – Ranveer Singh
- “Go and watch some great films” – Siddhant Chaturvedi
- “I am so glad that despite the pandemic and the trials the year has put us through, IFFI has been held with all safety precautions put in place” – Vidya Balan
- “It has become abundantly clear that the internet is changing the way in which people experience watching movies. I am sure the Goa film festival will explore reinvent or reframe the film festival experience itself. I see such online festivals becoming popular as being a way of building up a community. This, perhaps, will be the new norm of interacting with film festivals, especially with the film-makers, actors and technicians from around the globe. ” – Mohan Lal
The Opening Ceremony of 51st IFFI was hosted by actor, author and film-producer Tisca Chopra and attended by eminent film-maker Priyadarshan Nair and noted actor Sudeep among other celebrated film personalities.